The Assistant Principal Institute offers learning experiences to increase the leadership capacity of the assistant principal and positively impact his/her school’s learning environment and student achievement.
Participants are current assistant principals.
The assistant principal, as a leadership team member will:
- Use the organization’s mission, vision, and beliefs to integrate administrative and instructional practices;
- Lead transformational change efforts at the intersection of administrative and instructional practice;
- Assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of effective practices for teaching and learning for adults and students;
- Model effective communication skills with all stakeholder groups;
- Assist in the access, analysis, and use of data that results in improved student and adult performance; and
- Assist in decision-making for the strategic use of resources (time, money, and people) to improve student and adult performance.
Length of Institute
Three two-day residential learning experiences.
There is a $1,300 institute fee.
Applications for the 2020-21 school year are now available.