The Assistant Principal Institute offers learning experiences to increase the leadership capacity of the assistant principal and positively impact his/her school’s learning environment and student achievement.
Participants are current assistant principals whose building principal is a graduate of Phase 1 or more of the Master Principal Program.
The assistant principal, as a leadership team member will:
- Use the organization’s mission, vision, and beliefs to integrate administrative and instructional practices;
- Lead transformational change efforts at the intersection of administrative and instructional practice;
- Assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of effective practices for teaching and learning for adults and students;
- Model effective communication skills with all stakeholder groups;
- Assist in the access, analysis, and use of data that results in improved student and adult performance; and
- Assist in decision-making for the strategic use of resources (time, money, and people) to improve student and adult performance.
Length of Institute
Three two-day residential learning experiences.
There is a $1300 institute fee.
The Application for the 2019-2020 Assistant Principal Institute is now available. The deadline for submitting your application is August 9, 2019.
Submit your application to:
Richard Del Soto at email@example.com
Arkansas Leadership Academy
346 North West Ave., Room 318
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Please contact Brenda Tash at 479-857-8831 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.