The Assistant Principal Institute offers learning experiences to increase the leadership capacity of the assistant principal and positively impact his/her school’s learning environment and student achievement.
Participants are current assistant principals whose building principal is a graduate of Phase 1 or more of the Master Principal Program.
The assistant principal, as a leadership team member will:
- Use the organization’s mission, vision, and beliefs to integrate administrative and instructional practices;
- Lead transformational change efforts at the intersection of administrative and instructional practice;
- Assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of effective practices for teaching and learning for adults and students;
- Model effective communication skills with all stakeholder groups;
- Assist in the access, analysis, and use of data that results in improved student and adult performance; and
- Assist in decision-making for the strategic use of resources (time, money, and people) to improve student and adult performance.
Length of Institute
Two residential learning experiences, a one-day drive-in and interactive web conferences.
We have been able to fund this program partially, but it will require additional financial commitment on the part of the school or district. There is a $900 institute fee to help defray costs of materials and lodging.
No longer accepting applications for Assistant Principal Institute at this time.
Submit your application to:
Brenda Tash at email@example.com
Arkansas Leadership Academy
346 North West Ave., Room 318
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Please contact Brenda Tash at 479-857-8831 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.