The Teacher Leadership Institute provides learning experiences, resources and support for teacher leaders who are committed to improving the performance of all learners within the systems they work. The Institute strives to advance the vision and mission of the Arkansas Leadership Academy which is to use the systems approach when preparing high performing learning communities throughout the state.
The ideal nominees are informal leaders (Pre-K-12 classroom teachers) as well as formal leaders (instructional facilitators/coaches) whose principal must have completed (or be concurrently attending) Phase 1 of our Master Principal Program.
The nominees should:
- Have a desire to improve student achievement by creating systems to build and sustain high performing professional learning communities
- Are respected by their peers and hold high expectations for adult and student learners
- Believe to change others, you must be willing to change yourself.
- Are able to commit the time to attend and participate at all the required sessions
The professional journey for teachers will include engaging activities in the following areas:
- Using data and research in the Professional Development of Best Practices
- Reflective practice and message development
- Building and sustaining high performing Professional Learning Communities
- Experience with new and emerging digital resources
- Practical tools and strategies for student and adult learners
Length of Institute
Session 1: 4 days residential
Sessions 2, 3 and 4: 3 days residential
There is a $1,000 fee to help the Arkansas Leadership Academy offset costs of the four institute sessions (9 nights lodging in a private room, 27 meals, 9 snacks, institute learning materials, learning designed and led by institute facilitators and support from teacher learning coaches). Please provide a copy of your PO (purchase order) when submitting this application (include the email address where the University of Arkansas may submit the invoice). Your application will not be considered complete until we have a PO. The PO can be dated after July 1.
Now accepting Teacher Learning Coach applications for Teacher Leadership Institute 2020-2021 school year.
- Teacher Learning Coach Application 2020-2021
- ALA Teacher Leadership Institute Application Scoring Rubric
Submit your application to:
Joseph Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Arkansas Leadership Academy
346. N. West Ave., No. 300
Fayetteville, AR 72701